Monday, October 26, 2009

Issues with Hamlet

Mood: Concerned and Confused

Today I presented the King and Queen with evidence that their son is going crazy. I read love letters Hamlet wrote to Ophelia and detailed the recent occurrence between the two. The Queen seemed more apt to believe her son was fine, rather than experiencing madness. I do, however, believe they both were convinced. We came up with a plan to try and discover the real truth. The King and I will use Ophelia as a pawn. We will send her into the halls to speak with Hamlet, while the two of us hide behind a curtain. I do believe it is a brilliant plan; although, my recent encounter with Hamlet was quite troubling. Hamlet did seem quite insane, referring to me as a "fishmonger" and proposing that my daughter may be pregnant. Oh, what anger he made me feel. For him to even mention such is so disrespectful and I hope he has gone insane and is not speaking from a stable state. Hamlet jumped with joy when actors entered the castle. I am not sure why. Is it apart of this madness? Hamlet has become such an odd fellow since his father's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment