Thursday, October 22, 2009

Advice For My Children

Mood: Persuasive
Song: Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen by Baz Luhrmann

Well, my son is off to France. He left today and I gave him as much advice as I possibly could. Hopefully, he listened and did not just appease me by acting as if he was in agreement. He should not come back with any debts or with any enemies. Rather, he should have left a great impression on the French. It is my hope that Laertes represents the name of our family and country well. He should leave the impression that he is friendly, keen, humble, and true.

In more alarming news, it has come to my attention that Ophelia is seeing Hamlet. She believes he loves her! So naive, my daughter, to fall for a man more concerned with the country affairs than with her own safety. She makes me angry of how easily she could fall for such! I have told her not to speak to Hamlet any more. To be done with him. She should listen. She should obey me, as I am her father. If she believes for one second that Hamlet is true to her....well, I do not know what I shall do with her. She must free herself of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment