Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Drama Unfolds


Mood: Provoked and Annoyed


So, Hamlet decided to put on a play today, a drama, maybe a prank, maybe a revengeful act. This man's mind is so difficult to understand. He comes out loud, rude, and insulting. Insulting to his mother, to the King, to my daughter, and also to myself. As if the play was not bad enough, Hamlet continually made brash comments, making the theater a place of awkwardness for everyone. Interrupting the play, allowing a more distasteful drama to unfold. Hamlet triggered the King to rise, to stand up and order the play end. This prince is a major danger to our kingdom. We all left. He stayed. He stayed in the theater and demonstrated his opposition, his lousy worth. I told him to visit his mother. The Queen had requested him and I delivered the message. When he arrives, I will once again take my place behind the curtain. I will listen to this madman, and I will try to understand his craziness. After this play and after his behavior, I have very well concluded, Hamlet is not lovesick; he is unforgiving and mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment